Welcome to the web site of the Southern California Chapter (SCSIM) of the Society for Information Management (SIM). Our membership consists of Southern California’s top Information Systems (I.S.) executives, senior academics, and selected, leading-edge I.S. consultants. This web site provides on-line access to information about our Chapter, including membership criteria, events of the Chapter, other relevant events taking place in Southern California, who to contact, and additional useful information.
Southern California SIM (SCSIM) is a chapter within the Society for Information Management (SIM), a prestigious professional association of executives, academics, and consultants in the information management field.
Chapters of SIM are geographically based. SCSIM. represents Southern California and is one of approximately 30 chapters of SIM worldwide.
SCSIM conducts a number of important services for its members, including coordinating with SIM International regarding worldwide issues of vital interest to all SIM members, and offering local Southern California focused services to SCSIM members such as quarterly events hosted in Southern California, CIO roundtable’s, new member orientation, member directory, community service activities, and so on.
SCSIM has established the following overall goals & objectives:
- SCSIM will promote the chapter members networking opportunities within the local chapter, and throughout SIM, and SIM International
- Provide a chapter environment where all new members feel welcome, and gain value from membership through orientation, and other techniques.
- Provide chapter opportunities for each type of member- CIO, Consultant, and Academic to contribute to the overall value of the chapter membership
- Allow each member to grow professionally through the critical examination of I.T. trends, challenges, opportunities, and solutions
- To “give back” to the community, and to our I.S. colleagues inside and outside of Southern California.
An Executive Committee governs the SCSIM Chapter, subject to the By-laws of the Chapter, and provides overall guidance to the membership. For further information about the Chapter governance, contact the current Chair of the Chapter.
Membership in SCSIM is based upon specific criteria. Prospective members must complete an application form and submit the application for review by the Executive Committee. For further information about membership in SCSIM., contact the current Membership Chair of the Chapter.
Typical Activities of SCSIM
- Member & Guest Meetings
- Member Only Meetings
- CIO Member Only Meetings
- Community Service
- SCSIM Newsletter
- Participation in SIM
- Survey of Member Interests
- New Member Orientation
- Ongoing Informal Exchanges
DOWNLOAD THE NEW SCSIM APP!
We are excited to announce that the SCSIM mobile app is now available for download by our chapter members from Apple’s App Store and from Google Play. This free app, provides members greater access than ever before to chapter information from your mobile device:
- Full member directory
- Direct messaging between you and other members
- Calendar updates for events
- Push notifications about upcoming events (venues, speakers, presentations)
- Information on SIM programs like RLF, and more!
Throughout 2015, our SCSIM board will rely upon your input to enhance this app and make it as useful to you as possible, so please explore this app and let us know what you think! While you’re exploring, please take a moment to check your profile information. If it’s out of date, has errors, or is missing, please log in to your profile at www.SIMnet.org to make your edits. Once you’re done, please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll ensure the updates are pushed to the app!
How to download the Southern California SIM mobile app today:
- iPhone and iPad users CLICK HERE or search “Southern California SIM” on the Apple App Store.
- Android users CLICK HERE or search “Southern California SIM” on the Google Play Store.
- Blackberry, Windows, laptop users-go to this address (omit www): https://scsimhome.gatherdigital.com
Note: Log in by entering the primary email address you use on SIMnet, which will be either your personal or work email. Our mobile app vendor recommends we use personal emails, but many SIM members choose to use their work addresses as their primary email. You’ll be prompted to create your own password, which does not have to be the same as the one you use on SIMnet.org. If the system does not recognize the first email address you submit, try your alternate email address.
For password-protected apps that are integrated within this app (such as LinkedIn), you will need to log in to that app when prompted, the first time only.
If you have questions, feedback, or suggestions, please reach us at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you connecting with you through this app!
SCSIM Board of Directors